Monday, November 15, 2010

My amazing husband...

of 20+ years, was diagnosed with Colon Cancer a year ago lasts Sept. After 2 operations, chemo, radiation and countless tests and visits to doctors, today is a big day. He has his scan and results will be this Thurs. He feels great, and we feel hopeful and good that everything will be OK. The last few weeks have been great, as he had no doctors appointments or treatments...but this week, we see if it all 'worked'.  If so, follow up are frequent...if not, then the journey and battle begins again. But although this year was a tough one, it was also am amazing one. I have met the most incredible people I have ever met-all people in the medical field, friends, families, survivors, fighters. I have learned so many things about life and love and what is important. I curse the disease, yet in a strange way, thank if for what it has taught me. I am stronger, more in love, and hopefully a better person, because of the lessons this past year have taught me.  My goal is to fight this disease with everything I have in me...fundraising (my daughter and I are doing the Relay for Life for second year), awareness, conversations etc.
We have come very far in the fight against this disease-but have a long way to go-

No comments:

Post a Comment