Friday, November 19, 2010

Yesterday

was a mixed bag of emotions. We went to the hospital to find the results of Dick's scan (my hubby). And to see if he could have his colostomy reversed. Good news...yes, the reveral will happen soon. Not so good news...the cancer is gone from his colon, but the spot on his lung, which we have been watching for a year, has grown a bit. After surgery, he will have a biopsy to confirm that it is a tumor (which they are 99% sure of) and that it is a result of colon cancer (not lung cancer)-so it will be treated properly.  The small glimmer of hope that it is not cancer is still there...but if it is, then he repeats chemo and radiation. He is amazingly strong and I can read him like a book...the reveral is on his mind, not the future. And that is great.  Yet, although I have felt strong and hopeful and grateful and everything else...yesterday I felt something I had not felt much and refused to let myself feel...and that is anger toward this disease. Today, after sleeping on it, I feel stronger than ever and ready for whatever is to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment